Monday, March 16, 2009

Kim Beom: Getting To Know Him


In his interview with ISplus (reporter Lee Dong Hyun) published on March 16, Kim Beom reveals that work is more important than dating for now.

ISplus (IS): You seem like you would be a playboy like Boys Over Flowers‘ So Yi Jeong.

Kim Beom (KB): Thank you for the compliment, but we’re actually quite different. Due to my extreme shyness, I can’t get along with people that easily, let alone have the skill to seduce women. Although, I do have some characteristics similar to So Yi Jeong such as being cool-headed, not showing my inner feelings easily, etc. Come to think of it, when I was young, many girls my age used to follow me around a lot. (Laughs.)

IS: Have you ever had a girlfriend?
KB: Up til now, I have never had a girlfriend. I’ve always been very preoccupied with something, so it seems that my mind hasn’t been free to have a girlfriend. I don’t think I’ll that freedom for some time to come.

IS: Are you sure you aren’t like So Yi Jeong who is a playboy, but has blocked off his heart from women with an emotional wall?
KB: Come to think of it, that could be true too. However, Yi Jung developed that attitude due to his playboy father. I am like this because I am devoted to work, which thus far has more value and importance than a girlfriend. Still, I have a lot of female friends such as Boys Over Flowers‘ (Ga Eul) Kim So Eun, Park Shin Hye, and Go Ara, etc. that I get along well with. (KP’s note: All three actresses are his classmates in Chung-Ang University’s Theatre & Film program.)

IS: If you get a girlfriend, what kind of present would you most want?
KB: I’d like to receive a meal (lunch box) made directly by her. With a busy filming schedule, I skip meals often. At such times, if I could eat a homemade meal by my girlfriend, I think it would spring forth energy (strength) that wasn’t there.


IS: Who is number 1 on your cellular phone speed dial?
KB: The agency representative and hyung that I trust and depend on the most. There are many things to discuss (consult) with him, so I put him as speed dial number 1 in order to speak on the phone with him often. Even if I do get a girlfriend, I don’t think I will change my speed dial number 1.

IS: What will you do if your parents oppose your marriage like Boys Over Flowers’ Gu Jun Pyo?

KB: If I love [that person] to the point of wanting to get married but can’t due to the opposition of those around me, I would regret it forever. I would [try to] persuade them again and again until they give me permission. I have lived with such integrity that my parents have remarkable faith in me. They will accept my wish.

IS: What is your life motto?
KB: “You may lose once, but don’t lose again.” As you live life, you can encounter failures and you can make mistakes. I don’t want to suffer the same setback by making the same mistake again. [The motto means that] although a person cannot be perfect, one should try his or her best in order to get closer to perfection.


IS: When was the greatest crisis [you've faced] in life so far?
KB: I don’t consider a crisis you cannot overcome as a crisis. Although I’ve had trivial cases that were difficult, I’ve overcome them. I don’t think that I’ve experienced any extraordinary crisis.

IS: If you became a chaebol (plutocrat) like in Boys Over Flowers, what would you most want to do?
KB: I don’t want to become a chaebol. I want to always have dreams and put in intense effort in order to achieve those dreams. I think if I become a chaebol, I might become indolent (lazy) and lose sight of my dreams.


IS: Which websites do you have bookmarked?
KB: Portal sites such as Daum and Naver. I can come by a variety of information such as news in a short amounth of time.


IS: Do you read internet comments [regarding yourself] and take them seriously? Is there a negative comment that remains on your mind?

KB: There was a time at the beginning of my debut when I agonized over negative comments that I don’t even want to recall now. After that, I made up my mind not to pay attention to negative internet comments. I usually don’t read those kinds of comments, but there doesn’t seem to be a lot.

IS: Have you ever left a comment (reply) on the Internet?
KB: There hasn’t a single time when I have added a reply.


IS: What are some objects that you always carry around in your bag?

KB: My cellphone and wallet. I only put things that I absolutely need in my bag.


IS: How do you manage your income and how much allowance do you [get and] spend?
KB: I manage my own income so there’s no separate allowance. Truthfully, lately I haven’t even had time to spend money.


IS: Do you have any superstitions or customs?
KB: I can’t sleep before the first day of filming. I go to set after staying up all night. But I act better because my mind has become clearer. From a certain point in time, I decided not to sleep. However, there is the disadvantage of my physical condition being worse.


IS: What method do you use to relieve extreme stress?
KB: I meet up with cheerful people. Although I’m on the quiet side, I find that stress is relieved as I laugh when absorbed in pleasant conversations with pleasant people.


IS: Do you have any sleeping habits?
KB: I wouldn’t k now my own sleeping habits. People who have slept with me on vacation haven’t said anything in particular about it.


IS: Which athlete do you like the most?

KB: Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo. He plays the kind of soccer that I dreamt about when I was a soccer player in middle school.


IS: Which three objects would you take with you if you had to be stuck on a deserted island?

KB: A [handheld] video game console, a DVD player, and also a cellphone. If I watched movies on the DVD player and play video games in between, I think it would be enjoyable even on a deserted island. I would need the cellular phone to request aid (a rescue) when I get bored. Does a cellphone work on a deserted island, you ask? I saw a commercial awhile ago where jjajangmyun (black bean noodles) was even ordered for delivery using a cellphone.

IS: If you were given a perfectly [schedule-]free day, what would you want to do?
KB: No matter how leisurely the one day is, wouldn’t the next day be busy? In order to prepare [for the following day], it probably won’t be completely free. I would want to just go somewhere nearby and get some fresh air and cool my head (mind) for a bit.




Source: ISPlus
Trans Credit:
KPCulture

51 comments:

  1. I can't believe that he is also a Cristiano Ronaldo fan.I am a big fan of Cristiano since he is superfine.XD

    Thats sweet that he wants a bento box from his future girlfriend.It reminds me of when JP wanted that from JD.Its sad that he never got to see/eat it.

    I can understand why he doesn't worry about dating since he can get any girl he wants.I can't believe that he hasn't had a girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also can't believe that he hasn't had girlfen yet...... if no one want to be his girlfen...I CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HUH...he so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, he's so dedicated to his work.. Kim Bum, make some time for fun in your life, especially after BBF filming ends~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that he is enjoying his work, but I hope he doesnt become sick from lack of sleep and nurishment... :( He is such a good role model, though. I really gree with what Cristy said. I hope he makes time for some fun in his life. I'm sure he will though, he seems like he knows what hes doing and what he wants in life. Keep fighting, Kim Bum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He DECIDED NOT TO sleep!?! Huh. This guy here is a 100% workaholic. And it's not that no one wants to be his girlfriend. It's like he just doesn't WANT one. Can he speak and read English? What'll happen if he sees this... 8p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even if he can speak & read Eng fluently, I am sure he won't be able to recognize you, the "Anonymous" :lol: Anyway, KimBum fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LoL.. please , at least change your names :D There are so many "Anonymous" around here hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah he's so dedicated to his work...but...still love him. he's too cute :)
    too bad i can't make lunch boxes :'(

    ReplyDelete
  9. his interview makes me like him even more cant believe that he is that down to earth he is sooo nice i wanna marry him and i am a Cristiano Ronaldo fan and ill make him lunch boxes of his favorite food

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!!!OMG!!!!OMG!!!KIM BUM U are THe CUTEst GUY EVer!!!I LOVE YOU SoooSOooo MUCH..KIM BUM!!!! I KNOW THAT A HANDsoME GUY LIKE YOu DoN"T HAVe A GIRLFRRIEnd YEt...well...ummmm...MAYBE YoUR WaiTinG 4 SOMEONE???maybe...SOMEoNE like ME??hahahaJOKE!!
    I REaLLY WANT KIM SO EUN TO BE UR GF BUMMIE!!
    ActuallY wen i 1st watch BOF it was LOVE AT 1st Sight Wen i SaW KIm BUm...AND IN The middle of the drama wen Ga Eul and Yi Jung MEt 4 the 1st tym..I Didn't anymore paid attention to Jan Di and JUn Pyo's loveteam...theres NO chemistry at all with these 2!! NOT LIKE SoEulmates CHEMISTRy All THE WAy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. IF were STRanDEd In A Diserted ISlaND..THE ONLY PERSON I WOULD BRING WOULD BE..
    OF COURSE WHO ELSE? ♥KIM BUM♥ OF COURSE!!!
    IT's AWESOME SEEING HIS FACE everYDAY!!!I WILL NEVER GET BORED WITH IT I THINK I DON't wANT To BE RESCUED ANYMORE!!!!oooOOOOOHHHH...GIVES ME GOOOOOseeBUMPS jusT ThINKING ABOUT IT!!!
    I L♥VE Y♥O KIM BUMMIE~~~~☻☻☻

    ReplyDelete
  12. Annyoung kim bum oppa
    I want to said "saranghaeyo kim bum oppa"
    I like ur character in BBF cz that character suited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oH.. mY.. iLove hIm..hE's sOoo hoT anD yEt vEry bAbY faCe..i wOndEr hoW oLd iS hE noW??! because based on the pictures of him on the internet, he really does look like just 17 or something..i LoVe hIm sO mUCh..hE is mY neW idEal mAn..tHanK gOd i wAtchD bBf..tHat i Saw him thEre..bEcauSe oF it i tHinK i kInda haD moVed On fRom tHe mAn i ReAlLy lOve sEcreTly..i Can't tHinK oF thAt gUy anYmoRe bEcauSe mY miNd iS oCcuPiEd bY kIm bUm... :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. kim beom is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. kim beom

    u are very cute, cool,...


    go kim beom!!
    cayo

    ReplyDelete
  16. anneyonghaseong,
    hi mr'.
    kim bum you are so sweet
    i like see your face
    if i see your face its so happy
    :>>
    i'm your fans from indonesia

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey!!!!!i really forget your name....can i call you mine???

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi!!
    kim bum=))
    i never forget you=))
    your so cool and handsome so stay as you are=))
    and i like your rule in boys over flowers=))
    i just want to say for you
    I really want KIM SO EUN to be your girl frienfd=))
    =))
    godbless
    jesus loves you=))

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi!!
    kim bum=))
    i never forget you=))
    your so cool and handsome so stay as you are=))
    and i like your rule in boys over flowers=))
    i just want to say for you
    I really want KIM SO EUN to be your girl frienfd=))
    =))
    godbless
    jesus loves you=))

    im your fans from philippines=))

    ReplyDelete
  20. jamaicah said..."hey!!!!!i really forget your name....can i call you mine???"


    ---> LoL! That's a great pickup line ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  21. KIM BUM....!I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU`RE MY #1 IDOL...BUT I GUESS THAT, EVERYONE NOR EVERYBODY WERE SAYING THAT ALREADY!! I KNOW THAT YOU`RE NOT KEEN ON ANSWERING COMMENTS BUT, I DO HOPE SO,THAT YOU PERSONALLY READ THIS COMMENT!! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  22. gahd!!!!! he's a rare one!! a sure buy!!!
    he never had a girlfriend?!!! >.<
    CURSE THE SUPER LUCKY GIRL WHO
    WOULD BE HIS FIRST!!
    KIM BUM!!! <3 <3 <3 I'll research and study how to make a korean lunchbox for you!!! T.T
    your so hot!!!!!
    "Take me...I'm yours!!" :))))) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ...gosh!...
    ...dont hvae girlfriend yet?...
    ...ohh...
    ...well...
    ...i can be...
    ...lol...
    ...u'r[kim bum] so cute...
    ...handsome...

    ReplyDelete
  24. woow,, so hansome...

    ReplyDelete
  25. aihh matii ~
    gga kuad g nyet !

    ReplyDelete
  26. we have the same soccer player favorite...yepee..

    ReplyDelete
  27. BUM BUM BUM & i bumped into KIM BUM! heh! :D
    KIM BUM! YOU'RE SO CUTEEEEEEEEEE!! ^^
    I ULTRA LOVE IT WHEN YOU SMILE!!♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello ... !
    I just want to say ...
    you are so cute ...
    ( anyone must be think that too
    hehehe ... )
    I very like your smile ^^

    can i ask a question ???
    why you not sometimes relax and out from your work ?
    all of your fans are worried you about your healthy ...
    And i think ..
    you must have some relax too ... :(

    ~ your fans ~

    ReplyDelete
  29. he's lying.. i found out on a site that she had a girlfriend before.. jeez. what a lier.

    ReplyDelete
  30. well there was this article saying that nich khun's gf is kim bum's ex. the girl didn't clarify how was she related with kim bum..but it seems that they only DATED and the girl's friends were trying to make it appear as if their relationship was more than that. well, that's the best they can do..WISH THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING BETWEEN THE GIRL & KIM BUM!


    anyway.. click this link to read more about kim bum's EX http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_story/nich_khuns_lady_is_kim_bums_ex/

    ReplyDelete
  31. hi kim bum!!
    i like your smile,
    you are s0 cute..
    you don't have girlfriend?
    ou..i can't belive that..hhaha

    your fans from INdonesia.=p

    ReplyDelete
  32. lol...how can people post negative commments about him?!?! feel so sad for him....
    KIM BUM IS THE HOTTIE + CUTIE:)
    Kim So Eun would SO fit the role of his girfriend.
    but i think he is overworking himself...

    ReplyDelete
  33. iS kIM BEoM cIrcUmsIzEd?!?

    jUst wAnNa aSk?!?

    ReplyDelete
  34. yEs iS hE eVeN cIrcUmsIxed

    aNd wHeN?

    pLeAsE anSwEr?

    tNx?!

    ReplyDelete
  35. i cant belive...!
    a handsome and a cute kim bum
    does'nt have a girl friend yet...?!
    even a first love..?1

    ReplyDelete
  36. so he can speak english then?
    i cant believe he likes christiano ronaldo lol im english and i cant stand him i guess its a guy thing cause of football but i cant believe lee min ho likes him too lol
    i dont blame him never putting a comment on the net especially with these girls who are obsessed im a fan and he is cute but well its never gonna happen lol

    ReplyDelete
  37. kamuuuuuuuuuuuu ckp bngeeeeeeeeee Q suka kamu

    ReplyDelete
  38. he is so nice be the graet model of the all youth in our history...!


    here in philippines the girls love you so much..!
    just visit here just kiding
    just be a good model of the all the youth your my idol..!

    ReplyDelete
  39. dia comel pandai berbahasa cina pulak 2......

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm an avid fan of BOYS OVER FLOWERS, I HOPE AND PRAY THAT F4 AND KOO HYE SUN WILL DO A PROJECT TOGETHER THIS 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  41. BOYS OVER FLOWERS STILL THE BEST! STILL BETTER THAN PERSONAL TASTE! WE MISS F4 AND KOO HYE-SUN! LEE MIN-HO AND KOO HYE-SUN BEST LOVE TEAM EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  42. boys before flowers is the best...
    kim boem is very cute...

    ReplyDelete
  43. i wish you and kim so eun will be together
    me and your other fans will be very very happy!!!!!!!!!!




    ~>ANGELIKA D C<~

    ReplyDelete
  44. i jst wanna say that wherever you go n whatever u do may u get succeded n ur path may be full of roses.........LOVE YOU............................

    ReplyDelete
  45. u r so cute.........i pray to god for u to get succeed in everything.....

    ReplyDelete
  46. aahhh he's so adorable! i understand his workaholic attitude though, it's to survive in the business.

    ReplyDelete